Friday, July 31, 2009

I Don't Give A Tweet

I admit it... I've 'tweeted.'  

I got a Twitter account about two months ago and I think I've made three tweets... none of which has been very profound.  I'm wondering why I even bother.

I have no idea how to 'tweet' from a mobile phone... and I really have no desire to learn.  I carry my phone so my family can call me at work... so work can call me when I'm in the berry patch.  

I can't understand how so many people seem to have so much time they can be checking their phones to 'follow' other people as they 'tweet' through the day.  

I heard that Michael Jackson died on the afternoon news (how could you not).  What would I gain from following the 'tweets' of a million fans as they mourned together?

I couldn't care what Ashton Kutcher ate for lunch or that Paris Hilton's puppy had a bath.   I need to get the weeds out of my garden.  The grass between my saskatoon rows needs to be cut.  The oil in the tractor needs to be changed... and I have to be at work in 90 minutes.

Working 16 hours a day... six days a week,  I barely have time to read a book... especially in the summer, and less time to write.  But now--if I want to keep current with the newest technology--I have to 'tweet.'

Truth is... I'd rather not give a 'tweet.' 




No comments:

Post a Comment